Friday, September 13, 2013

The Lord and Lady.

"Lord and Lady"
By: JameDawg

I stepped into the park once again. Looking for that secret path. My mind quiet. My senses acute. The city faded slowly. First, the smells of fuel and industry, gave way to water, greenery, and dirt. Then, the sounds faded, the birdsongs rang louder, and the rush of the water overtook all reminisce of the city.

I was close. I could sense it on a level not quite understood by the smartest of modern man, much less myself. The trees seemed to smile, pointing me in the right direction.

There it was. The Weeping Willow. An ancient healing tree, I had found in the past. Its heavy green leaves beckoned me closer. I approached my old friend and extended my hand to its skin. Its rough cool bark sparked with the healing energy that was an intimate part of the tree. The symbiotic exchange of energy cleansed me once again. It was nourished by that which I was trying to remove from me, and I by that which it gave to me. My eyes closed in a relaxing ecstasy of life.

The wind kissed my body. The ground gave way. Then I saw them smile to me. The Lord and the Lady. I had crossed. For the moment. And in a moment the dream would fade away.

- - -

The above was inspired by the picture I created below.  The other pictures are my attempt at a purely compositional study. They were taken a few months ago.

I have been working on some longer projects as of late. I may give a glimpse of those from time to time.


"Lord and Lady" - By: JameDawg
"Lord and Lady" By: JameDawg
Compositional Study 1 - By: JameDawg
"Compositional Study 1" By: JameDawg

Compositional Study 2 - By: JameDawg
"Compositional Study 2" - By: JameDawg

"Lord and Lady", "Compositional Study 1", and "Compositional Study 2" By: JameDawg are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.  http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/deed.en_US

You may find other sizes as well as my other pictures on my Flickr feed:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamedawg/


No comments:

Post a Comment